He wasn't exactly a saint, though.
- He forced the removal of the Cherokee Indians and other tribes through the Indian Removal Act.
- This act, that forced Native Americans on a death march to Oklahoma, created the Trail of Tears.
- He encouraged the use of the Spoils System, the act of giving political supporters government jobs.
- He opposed the Second Bank of the United States.
- He abused his power to veto laws.
- He nullified the Supreme Court's decision to let the Cherokee Indians remain on their land, even when he didn't have the right to do so.